Kanban Systems Improvements (KSI / KMP II)
Manage and evolve a Kanban initiative. Scale beyond the team level.
The Kanban Systems Improvement (KSI) course concentrates on the complex demands of a multi-teamed organization and explores how to maintain momentum beyond initial improvements realized from a successful Kanban implementation.
You will learn how to extend your previous knowledge established during the Kanban System Design course. You will explore the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organization and how to effectively manage and evolve it over time. Learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and regular cadences for meetings and feedback. The class also covers metrics and effective policies.
This is part 2 of a 2-part credential certificate program for KMP
You will need to complete both KSD and KMP class to gain Kanban Management Professional Credential.
- What you’ll learn
- What you get
- Annual Renewal
- Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Learn the basics of evolutionary change and why it is the preferred, humane approach and effective at dealing with resistance to change
Utilize the Kanban cadences to provide important feedback loops to grow, evolve, and improve your Kanban system for continuous improvement and sustainable customer satisfaction
Manage dependencies across multiple Kanban systems
Learn the fundamental Kanban metrics to utilize them to make informed decisions
Learn tools for balancing demand and capacity, including managing variability, improving flow, and shaping demand
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
Class registration includes:
- 16 hours of training
- Attendee workbook
- Standard certificate of completion
- Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential certificate (if the KSD course is completed). KMP badge shown on the KU website and KMP badge file made available to role members.
Attendees must attend both days of the course to receive the certificate.
Kanban University (KU) certificates do not have an expiry date or annual renewal.
- You may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) certifications
- You may be eligible to apply for 15 SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing through the Scrum Alliance