SAFe for Government
Applying Lean-Agile practices in the public sector with SAFe
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context.
But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high-performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change in government.
- Who will benefit?
- What you’ll learn
- Topics covered
- What you get
- Annual Renewal
- Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
This course is designed for government leaders and influencers who can guide the decision to adopt SAFe within their agency or program. Examples include:
- Executives, directors, branch chiefs
- Managers of development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, support
- Program and project managers
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
After attending the class, you will be able to:
Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindsets, principles, and practices using SAFe
Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
- Thrive in the digital age with business agility
- Become a Lean-Agile leader
- Establish Team and Technical Agility
- Build solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Explore Lean Portfolio Management
- Lead the change
- Become a Certified SAFe® Agilist
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Government Practitioner
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course to be eligible to take the exam.
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
Renewal fee: $295
- You may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- You may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through the Scrum Alliance
|Claim Code||44460OU5T4||Duration||2 days|