Achieving Business Agility with the Scaled Agile Framework with Certified SAFe® Program Consultant
Learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation using the practices and principles of SAFe and the seven core competencies of the Lean Enterprise that enable business agility.
In this four-day course, you’ll practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains (ARTs), create a DevOps culture to build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline, and empower a Lean portfolio. Leading SAFe®, taught during the first two days, gives you the foundation to teach SAFe to leaders. The next two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in your organization. By becoming a change agent and a Certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC), you’ll gain the knowledge and skills to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation—and guide the enterprise toward success in disruptive, fast-moving markets.
- Who will benefit?
- What you’ll learn
- Topics covered
- What you get
- Annual Renewal
- Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
This course is intended for those who will be directly involved in and leading a SAFe implementation, including:
- Leaders and change agents driving the change in your organization
- Members of a Lean-Agile Center of Excellence or Agile Transformation Office
- Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers, and coaches who will be facilitating events and activities
- Consultants and trainers who will be teaching agile trainings
- Project and Program Management Office (PMO) members who what to understand how to implement SAFe in your organization
- Portfolio Managers responsible for implementing strategic planning and budgeting as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative
After attending the class, you will be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SPC certification exam and practice as a SAFe Program Consultant:
- More than 5 years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- More than 3 years of experience in Agile
We also find that people who have taken Leading SAFe and completed the SAFe Agilist certification before Implementing SAFe have a better learning experience and perform better in the SPC certification exam.
- Thriving in the digital age with business agility
- Becoming a Lean-Agile leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Building solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the change
- Reaching the tipping point
- Designing the implementation
- Launching an Agile Release Train
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the portfolio
- Accelerating to business agility
- Becoming an SPC
Class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must Please note: Attendees must attend all four days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
Renewal fee: $895
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.